Personal Information Protection Policy
Recruit Holdings Co.,Ltd. ("Recruit Holdings") provides, through a variety of media, including information magazines, the Internet, mobile devices, events, and service counters, various chances for companies and individuals, in different aspects of their lives, as expressed in its brand message "Opportunities for Life."
In operating its business, Recruit Holdings handles the personal information of a large number of customers and employees. Therefore, Recruit Holdings has established this Policy and a personal information management system based on its Code of Ethics, through which Recruit Holdings, as a company, is committed to realizing the responsible handling of personal information.
- Policy 1.
- Recruit Holdings will, to the extent possible, specify the purposes of use of the personal information, and will properly handle the personal information within the scope necessary to achieve such purposes. Recruit Holdings will take measures to ensure the prevention of any use of the personal information other than for the intended purposes of use.
- Policy 2.
- Recruit Holdings will obtain personal information only through legitimate and appropriate means.
- Policy 3.
- Recruit Holdings will not provide any third party with the personal information of any individual without the consent of such individual.
- Policy 4.
- In managing personal information, Recruit Holdings will make efforts to take all necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the prevention and correction of any leakage, loss or damage of the personal information, as well as the otherwise secure management of the personal information.
- Policy 5.
- In handling personal information, Recruit Holdings will make efforts to ensure that the individual who has provided the information may properly be involved in the handling process, and make efforts to keep the personal information accurate and updated to the extent possible.
- Policy 6.
- Recruit Holdings will comply with laws and regulations pertaining to the protection of personal information, and establish, continuously review and comply with its internal rules pertaining to the protection of personal information.
- Recruit Holdings will have a section for responding to complaints and consultations concerning the protection of personal information and make efforts to properly respond to such complaints and consultations.
Recruit Holdings Co.,Ltd.
Masumi Minegishi, President and Representative Board Director
- (Supplementary Provisions)
- Established and implemented on April 17, 2002
- Revised on April 2, 2003
- Revised on April 1, 2004
- Revised on December 15, 2005
- Revised on June 6, 2007
- Revised on March 5, 2008
- ※Recruit Holdings Co.,Ltd. is accredited as a "privacy-mark" licensed operator
Regarding the handling of personal information
Recruit Holdings Co.,Ltd. ("Recruit Holdings") shall respect the privacy of each person ("User") who uses this website ("the Services") and shall handle the personal information (as defined below) of all Users with the utmost care in the management thereof.
Personal information means information concerning a User as an individual, which can identify the User based on the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, educational institution, or other descriptions, etc. constituting such information. In addition, any information which cannot identify the User solely by itself but can easily be cross-referenced with other information and, as a result thereof, can identify the User, is also included in the scope of personal information.
Purpose of use of personal information
Recruit Holdings shall use personal information only for the following purposes, and shall not use any personal information beyond these purposes of use:
- Performance of entrusted services such as call center services;
- Communication based on publicized information such as those in publications or on the Internet, etc.;
- Response to comments and inquiries received concerning services; and
- Distribution of notices and announcements relating to recruitment and hiring.
(The purposes of use of personal information that is directly obtained, other than by way of writing)
(The purposes of use of personal information that is subject to disclosure)
Voluntary nature of provision of personal information
Users who fail to enter information in each of the items required for the performance of the respective services constituting the Services may not be able to receive such respective services.
Provision of personal information to third parties
Recruit Holdings, as a general rule, does not provide any third party with any User's personal information without the consent of such User. Recruit Holdings provides third parties with personal information only if it has obtained the User's consent thereto, specifying the party to whom the information is to be disclosed and the content of information to be disclosed. However, Recruit Holdings may provide personal information without the User's consent within the scope not conflicting with related laws and regulations, where any of the following applies:
- Recruit Holdings considers that the User will cause disadvantage to a third party;
- Providing such personal information is specifically necessary for the improvement of public health or the sound growth of children, and obtaining approval therefor from the User is difficult;
- It is necessary to cooperate with a governmental organization or a local government, or a person designated by the same in the performance of administrative work prescribed by laws or regulations, and obtaining the consent of the User thereto will likely hinder the performance of such administrative work;
- The disclosure of the personal information is required by a court, public prosecutor's office, police or any other organization having similar authority;
- User has expressly requested that his/her personal information be disclosed or provided to third parties;
- It is permitted by law or regulations to disclose or provide the personal information; or
- The personal information is provided in connection with a business succession due to merger or otherwise, to the extent that the personal information is handled within the scope of the purposes of use applicable prior to such succession.
Disclaimer concerning the provision of personal information to third parties
Recruit Holdings will not be responsible for the acquisition of personal information by a third party where any of the following applies:
- A User indicates his/her own personal information to a specific company, using any function under the Services or by other means (As for the handling of personal information in the Service Using Companies, etc., please directly make inquiries to each of the Service Using Companies, etc.);
- A User is unexpectedly identified by any activities or other information entered by the User under the Services;
- A User provides personal information to, and the User's personal information is used at, an external site linked by the Services; or
- Anyone other than a User obtains the User's information (ID, password, etc.) which can identify the User as an individual.
Outsourcing of personal information processing
Recruit Holdings may outsource personal information handling in part or in whole. Recruit Holdings shall be responsible for the handling of personal information by the party to which such work is outsourced.
Use of statistically-processed data
Recruit Holdings may, based on personal information provided to it, create statistical data which shall be processed in a manner that cannot identify any individual. Recruit Holdings may, without restriction, use such statistical data that cannot identify individuals.
Modifications, etc. to personal information
As a general rule, only the User himself/herself can request notification regarding the "purposes of use of the personal information," or any disclosure or correction of, addition to, deletion or suspension of his/her registered personal information, or the provision thereof to third parties. For specific methods, please click here. However, Recruit Holdings may not agree to disclose the personal information where any of the following applies:
- The disclosure is likely to cause damage to the life, limb, property or other rights or interests of the User or any third party;
- The disclosure is likely to considerably hinder the proper performance of the Services; or
- The disclosure would constitute a violation of any other laws or regulations.
Furthermore, Recruit Holdings may not agree to comply with such request if the suspension of such personal information or the discontinuance of the provision thereof to a third party ("Suspension, etc.") will inevitably lead to excessive costs, or conducting the relevant Suspension, etc. is otherwise difficult, and instead Recruit Holdings ensures that necessary alternative measures are taken for the protection of the rights and interests of the User.
Accuracy of personal information
Recruit Holdings shall make efforts to accurately process the personal information provided to it. However, Users shall be responsible for ensuring that the personal information they provide is accurate and up-to-date.
Restrictions on acquisition of sensitive personal information
Recruit Holdings, as a general rule, shall not obtain any User's personal information which contains any of the following information, unless the personal information has been provided by the User himself/herself:
- Information relating to personal philosophy, belief or religion;
- Information relating to race, ethnic background, family background, domicile (except for information on the prefecture where the User is located), physical or mental disability or criminal record or other matters that may cause social discrimination;
- Information relating to the right to organize, or any acts of collective bargaining or other collective actions as a worker;
- Information relating to participation in acts of mass demonstration, exercise of petition rights or other political rights; or
- Information relating to health and medical conditions or sex life.
In the event of a membership registration for web services, or the use of such services by a member, or Recruit Holdings's response to a User's request for the disclosure, correction, deletion, or discontinuance of use of such User's personal information, Recruit Holdings shall verify the relevant individual's identity based on information that can identify such individual (i.e., name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, member ID number, password, etc.). However, Recruit Holdings shall not be responsible in the event of any third party obtaining and using information that can identify the relevant individual.
Acquisition or use of attribute information, terminal information, location information and action history records, etc.y
Cookies, etc., among the attribute information, terminal information, location information and action history records, etc. ("Action History Records, etc."):
Access logs, etc., among Action History Records, etc., in the following case:
When a User uses the Services by logging into the same, Reruit Holdings may, upon identifying the identity of such User, distribute/display advertisements, contents, etc., and provide the Services by way of using the Action History Records, etc., prior to such log-in by the User.
Person responsible for management of personal information
Recruit Holdings Co.,Ltd.
Public Relations Dept. Senior Manager
For any inquiries concerning personal information, please contact us.